Gantry is a new Perl Framework to develop web applications. It offers:
- Plugin architecture
- Support mod_perl 1.3 and 2.0
- Support CGI and Fast-CGI
- Support Template Toolkit and the ability to plugin other templating systems
- Inherited framework code for a standard CRUD (Create, Read, Update, and Delete) application.
- Calendaring support
- Cookie management
- Form generation and validation
- User authentication: user, group and page-based
- Class::DBI integration
- Database and SQL utilities
- AJAX Support
- Code generation with BigTop – a Web Application Data Language processor
There are two existing, famous Perl MVC Frameworks: Maypole and Catalyst. Also the new one – Woodstock will be designed by Sebastian Riedel – the project founder of Catalyst and released soon. So, you have a choice when you decide to develop your web application on Perl.