I just released a fresh version of IMDB::Film module to grub movie metadata from IMDB.com. There is not any new functionality in that release. Just bug fixes:
- fixed issue with plot retrieving;
- fixed retrieving of movie plot keywords;
- fixed parsing rating and top 250 or bottom 100 movie property;
- fixed issue with parsing AKA movie property;
- fixed bug with getting movie ID from cached paged;
- updated tests.
Many thanks for all who sent me bug-reports and patches. Grab that version and let me know if you find some problems there.
I just released a new version of IMDB::Film – 0.42. Following changes were done since previous version:
- added retrieving of plot keywords for the film;
- fixed issue with retrieving of movie’s plot contained links;
- fixed issue with displaying special HTML symbols;
- added test for the plot keywords;
- fixed POD documentation.
To implement correct displaying of special HTML symbols two new modules were added into dependencies list – use Text::Unidecode and HTML::Entities.
You can send bugs or ideas to improve the module via CPAN RT.
Today a new version of IMDB::Film was released. There was added a new feature – list of recommended movies, and fixed a few bugs. The IMDB::Film 0.41 can be downloaded from the CPAN or installed using cpan utility. Report bugs, suggestions or feature requests via CPAN RT.
A few days ago the new version of Perl module IMDB::Film was released. That module is used to get metadata from the IMDB.com. A few new features was added there:
- information about companies and connections;
- MPAA rating;
- additional information about release such “re-release”, “DVD premiere” etc;
- information about place in the IMDB top.
Also the tests were re-organize a bit. Tests which need to additional connection such release dates, companies and connections moved to the separate section. Test for POD is added and made an optional. Additionally several bugs were fixed.